On this National Intern Day, we recognize and celebrate the future leaders of the world and LS&Co.: our interns!
The intern class of 2022 at LS&Co. embarked on their career journey with us this summer in a hybrid format and have been a wonderful addition to our culture and our business – all bringing unique, relevant and diverse perspectives in support of LS&Co.’s business objectives.
Weaving More Diversity Into our Talent Pipeline
Our campus recruitment team reinvigorated the internship program this year to ensure we not only diversified our talent pool across the board but also provided our early talent with the right “FIT” (Fostering Intern Talent) as they embraced and experienced this critical milestone for their personal and professional development.
The team was strategic in streamlining its approach and reaching out to a wider range of organizations that support Black, LatinX/Hispanic and women university students. These include the National Black MBA Association, Society of Women Engineers (SWE) and Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE).
The summer 2022 intern class is our most diverse class yet.
- 77% of the interns come from ethnically diverse backgrounds.
- We have 53 undergraduate and graduate students from schools across the U.S., including Clark Atlanta, Howard, Ohio State and UCLA.
- We have 4 interns from Canada with diverse backgrounds and skillsets.
Our interns have been placed across varying teams and organizations within the company. The teams range from design and merchandising to data, AI and everything in between — providing valuable team and real-life work experiences and projects that will give our interns hands-on experience in their desired field to position them for full-time post-graduation roles.
“I am so proud of this program and the significance it plays in developing our talent pipeline at LS&Co,” LS&Co. CEO Chip Bergh says. “It’s vital to the future of the company, and we find that incoming interns are sharp, young professionals who bring their own point of view and ideas to work with them on the first day. It’s an honor to have them choose to start their careers with us. And I love that the interns are taking part in what’s basically a three-month interview. They get to see the good, the bad and the ugly of this company and get to experience everything we are and do. And, for 10 weeks, we get to see them in action. They’ll learn a lot about themselves. And at the end of the day, when you think about your career, one of the most important things you can do is find a place where you feel you’re a good fit. We hope that place is with us.”
We are excited to continue to source from and partner with dynamically diverse and inclusive organizations and institutions to increase opportunities for talent of all races, ethnicities, and backgrounds in support of our current and future talent needs.
Our 2022 Interns in Action
For the first time ever, we’ve taken a hybrid approach to our internship program at LS&Co. – giving interns that are virtual, two opportunities during the summer to visit our headquarters in San Francisco and allowing interns that are local the opportunity to work hybrid in office hours in line with our new company direction.
This summer our interns have had the opportunity to:
- Learn critical skills in the new world of work, such as hybrid presentation delivery, collaboration tools and remote network building.
- Along with their day jobs, our interns also participated in a robust schedule of virtual and in-person activities to help immerse them in our company culture and one another. These include meetings with groups such as our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I), and Sustainability teams; and getting deep dives into our brands, our Red Tab and Levi Strauss Foundations and marketplace insights.
- All interns are assigned to a group project designed to address broad business challenges, which they’ll present to our Executive Leadership team during their closing week at our headquarters at the end of this month.
Today’s interns are tomorrow’s leaders and the experience we provide at LS&Co. makes a direct impact on the global workforce.
“LS&Co. has done an excellent job creating an internship environment that caters to each individual and supports their career growth. As an MBA candidate, I collaborated on a project that drew on my previous professional experience while building new technical skills,” said Katherine Albin- MBA Product Management Mobile Apps Intern.
To our interns, thank you for your unmatched contributions. We really appreciate you all.